BraceAbility Pediatric Elbow Immobilizer - Arm Restraint Brace and Extension Splint to Keep Arm Straight for Toddlers/Children/Kids (Small) Small (Pack of 1)
BraceAbility Pediatric Elbow Immobilizer - Arm Restraint Brace and Extension Splint to Keep Arm Straight for Toddlers/Children/Kids (Small)
This simple elbow immobilizer consists of a soft foam cuff and aluminum splints that prevent your baby, toddler or child from bending the elbow. You might need such arm restraints if your child: Needs cleft palate or cleft lip surgery Has broken or sprained the arm Is autistic and prone to scratching or hitting his or her face Is having trouble breaking a thumb-sucking habit Needs to be stopped from pulling out an IV The pediatric arm immobilizers come with hook and loop tab closures that make applying and removing the elbow splints a breeze. They also help you to customize the fit to your child. Note that the extra-small version of this elbow immobilizer is for infants, as it fits elbow circumferences ranging from 4 to 6 inches. The small size is for toddlers and children whose elbow circumference ranges from 6.5 to 8.5 inches. Use a soft tape measure to check. The arm restraints for special needs kids immobilize the elbow while leaving the rest of the arm free. This is great both for your child’s comfort and for preventing his or her arm from getting stiff and losing strength during longer periods of use. The medical-grade foam used to construct the elbow fracture splint makes it lightweight and breathable. The finished edges of the pediatric arm restraints are smooth against the skin. Plus the elbow stabilizer is free of latex. Another huge bonus is that you can clean these pedi-wrap arm immobilizers in the washing machine. However, they will need to be air-dried. Closing the hook and loop closures before washing the elbow restraints can help prevent them from wearing out. The pediatric elbow immobilizer should fit fairly snugly, but not so tight that your child or baby’s fingers get cold. Wearing the kids’ elbow extension brace over a thin layer of clothing can prevent chafing.
- SIZING: Measure the circumference around your childs elbow joint, in inches. Size S fits elbow circumferences from 6"-8.5.
- PLEASE NOTE: Size S is designed for toddlers and children, while size XS is for infants and newborns.
- GOALS: This pediatric arm restraint and immobilizer wrap prevents your child's elbow from bending. Made from a comfortable, latex free medical-grade foam material that is soft against the skin.
- USE FOR: Use as an arm restraint to prevent face or mouth touching after cleft palate repair surgery, for special needs children, to stop thumb sucking, or during IV therapy to prevent IV tubes from being pulled out.
- HELPS TREAT: Use as an elbow splint to immobilize or stabilize your child's elbow after an injury, sprain, bone fracture, or surgery.
Buy with confidence as this product comes with 18 months full local warranty in Australia & New Zealand (unless otherwise stated in the overview).
This product also comes with the benefits of the CocoonPower Warranty. For further details please read our Warranty Guidelines.
You can also purchase 3 Year Extended Care. If you are interested please see our Extended Care Information.